Posts for: November, 2017
What your dentists in New York want you to know
Veneers can change your smile, and a new smile can change your life! You can achieve a beautiful smile with dental veneers. So what exactly are veneers? Your dentists at Dr. Joseph Sachs & Associates in New York, NY want to help answer that question and share the facts about veneers and how they can enhance your smile.
Veneers are of porcelain, which gives them a lifelike quality because porcelain reflects light, just like your natural teeth. They are thin laminates of high-quality porcelain which are cemented onto the front surfaces of your teeth.
The aesthetically beautiful, natural look of veneers is only one reason why veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments. Porcelain veneers are also:
- Permanently beautiful because they resist stains and can last for many years
- Conservative because your dentist removes only minimal tooth structure, just enough to compensate for the thickness of the veneers
- Quick because it only takes two to three appointments to give you a completely new smile
Versatile because veneers can fix many aesthetic issues with your teeth, including if your teeth are:
- Cracked, fractured or damaged due to injury
- Chipped or worn down due to aging
- Discolored or stained from medications, coffee or tobacco use
Veneers can even fix teeth that are spaced apart by closing up the gaps cosmetically. Veneers can also get rid of tooth overlap by cosmetically creating the look of straight teeth.
Your veneer treatment begins with a consultation appointment, during which you and your doctor can discuss your treatment, expectations, and results. Next, your teeth will be prepared by removing only minimal tooth structure. An impression is made of your teeth and your veneers are created at a dental lab. At your final appointment, your new porcelain veneers will be cemented permanently.
If you are thinking about veneers, don’t visit just anyone. See the experts by calling your dentists at Dr. Joseph Sachs & Associates in New York, NY. Veneers can help you get the smile you deserve so call today!